Information We Collect
Information you give us directly
We collect information that you voluntarily provide (or authorize Third Party Providers to provide to us) in the following ways:
- When you fill in forms on our Site. When you fill in forms on our Site including when you contact us for additional information we may require that you provide us with certain information such as your name, contact information, reasons for joining, and how you heard about us. We may also ask you to describe your goals, challenges, and learning style.
- When you purchase a plan. If you choose to purchase a plan or other products or services we may offer from time to time, you will be required to provide a third-party payment processor with information such as your name, payment card details, and billing address in order to facilitate payment.
- When you set up an account and populate your profile. When you create an account and populate your profile, you will be asked to provide your name and email address and some context for joining. You may also personalize your profile by providing additional information such as a profile photo, your city and any biographical information you wish to share. If you work with us as a guide, speaker, or other partner, you may be asked to provide additional information such as your company name, job title, industry or field, professional history, professional memberships and qualifications, and social media details.
- When you share user-generated content. We collect any information that you choose to include when you upload photos or video, write comments or reviews, or otherwise post to forums accessible to other Vision to Growth users.
- When you participate in virtual classes and other events. To enable our virtual classes and other live events, we stream video and audio feed of interactions between Vision to Growth members and guides as well as the contents of any communications enabled by integrated chat functions within the third-party services, such as BUDDYBOSS, Liquid Web's LearnDash platform and Zoom, which we use to provide the events. This includes collecting your image, voice, movements, physical environment, and any other information provided during the event. From time to time, we may record special events and make those recordings accessible to other Vision to Growth users. If we do so, we will indicate that the event will be recorded.
- When you participate in in-person events. From time to time, we may offer in-person events. If you register for an in-person event we host or sponsor, we may collect details such as your name, contact information, and any specific information relevant to the event for which you are registering.
- When signing up to receive email communications from us or completing a survey. When you engage in these activities, we may collect your name and contact information as well as and any information you provide to us as part of that request (such as information about your satisfaction with our Service in response to a survey).
- When you invite others to use Vision to Growth through our Ambassador program or send a gift card. Our Service allows you to invite others to use Vision to Growth . If you do this or are invited in this way, we will collect and store the invitee’s email address in order to enable us to send an invitation. We will also let the invitee know who invited them to use Vision to Growth and let him/her request that his/her information be deleted from our systems. Similarly, if you purchase a gift card for another person, we will collect the recipient’s name and email address which we use solely to enable us to send the gift card.
- When you contact us. When you contact us by email; through our branded social media accounts; through any integrated chat providers we may offer, or by telephone, SMS, or physical mail, we may collect your name, username, email address, phone number, physical address, and the contents of your communication which can include any information you choose to provide. We will only use that information for the purpose of providing the service or support requested.
Information collected automatically when you use our Service
Certain information is also collected automatically as you navigate our Service or interact with our communications. This includes log information (such as your access times, pages viewed, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address), device information (such as the hardware model, operating system and version, device ID and mobile network information of the devices you use to access our Service), information collected by cookies and similar technologies (such as whether you have visited our Site before or if you are a new visitor), information collected by advertising and analytics tools (such as your IP address, device ID, web browser, and usage information (such as downloads, ratings, profile views, and search queries).
Because our Service is hosted by Third Party Providers, the corresponding Third Party Provider (and not us) collects this information from your device although it may share certain of this information with us.
Information we collect from other sources
We receive some information about you from third-party sources.
- Payment processors. In general, when you purchase a plan or other products or services from us, your payment card information is provided directly to a third-party payment processor and Vision to Growth does not collect or store that information. However, we may receive limited information such as the last four digits of your card, the country of issuance, and the expiration date.
- Third-party authentication providers. You may sign up and log-in to our Service using third-party authentication providers such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Apple. If you choose to sign up and log in in this manner, the third-party authentication service will ask your permission to share certain information to enable the integration. This information is provided directly to Third Party Providers and we do not collect or store that information. You can control the information third-party authentication providers may share about you using the privacy settings in your accounts with those services.
- Social media platforms. We may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools such as widgets, which allow you to share content on our Site with third-party social media platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn. If you choose to use these social sharing features, the provider of the third-party social media platform may make certain information available to us. This can include information necessary to facilitate the integration as well as any additional information the provider chooses to share with us or which you have permitted the provider to share through your privacy settings. We encourage you to check the privacy settings and privacy policies of these third-party social media platforms to understand what information might be shared with us.
- Publicly available sources and other third parties. We may obtain Personal Information about you from other sources, including public records, publicly available information on Internet sites, and third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records and inform our marketing and recruitment efforts. For instance, we may use information from LinkedIn or from a third-party data provider to update information about you in our contact database.
- Another Vision to Growth user. We may collect your Personal Information from another Vision to Growth user if that user provides us with your email address in order to invite you to try Vision to Growth or to send you a gift card. Another Vision to Growth user may provide us with your Personal Information when sharing user-generated content which could include information about or depictions of you.
We may combine the information we collect about you from these various sources. If a combination of information that we collect identifies you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information described above to:
- Deliver a high-quality and customized learning experience;
- Fulfill your purchases and registrations;
- Operate and improve our Service, including monitoring and analyzing usage, trends, and activities related to the Service;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events we offer and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Post testimonials;
- Improve our educational, networking, marketing, and social strategies; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Third Party Providers may use the information described above for additional purposes including the following:
- Recognizing you at sign-in and providing you with access to our Service;
- Operating and improving its service, including monitoring and analyzing usage, trends, and activities related to the service;
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Identifying, fixing, and troubleshooting bugs and service errors; and
- Protecting against, identify, investigate, and respond to misuse of its Service or other unlawful behavior.
Please refer to the above mentioned Third Party Provider Privacy Policies for complete information on how these Third Party Providers may use your Personal Information.
How We Share Your Information
We may share information about you with certain third parties in the following circumstances:
- Companies under common control. We may share Personal Information between and among any current or future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership with Vision to Growth.
- Vendors and service providers. We may share Personal Information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need to access the data in order to perform services on our behalf, such as providing cloud-hosting or cloud-storage services.
- Other third parties: We may share your Personal Information with other third parties that provide advertising, campaign measurement, online analytics, and other services, in order to help us reach individuals with relevant ads and measure our ad campaigns.
- Business transfers. We may share Personal Information with another company in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, acquisition, financing, re-organization, bankruptcy, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of services to another provider.
- Legal requirements. We may share Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including lawful requests from public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to protect Vision to Growth’s rights and property, to protect the safety of our users, and to defend against legal liability.
- Consent. We may share Personal Information with third parties with your consent and at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide that information.
- Vision to Growth Guides. In the course of providing our Service, we also share Personal Information about members with our guides to enable guides to communicate with members and to assist guides in understanding each member’s individual needs and goals.
Social media platforms. Our Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools such as widgets, which allow users to share information from their Vision to Growth account with third-party social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter. Using these social sharing features is optional.
- Public. The Service offers several features that allow users to connect and share content in public or semi-public spaces. You do not have to use these features, but if you do, please be sure to use good judgement. Certain information in your profile such as your username and photo and any other information you disclose in the public or semi-public areas of the Service, may be read, collected, stored, or used by others.
We may also share aggregate or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, for various purposes including compliance with various reporting obligations; for business or marketing purposes; or to assist third parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
Your Rights and Choices
You have a variety of rights and choices related to our use of your Personal Information.
- Opting out of email marketing. You can opt out of receiving our promotional emails and texts at any time by following the instructions included in those communications. Please be aware that it may take up to 10 days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. If you opt out of receiving such communications, please note that we may continue to send you non-promotional communications (such as emails related to our business relationship or emails about changes to our legal terms).
- Limiting information in your Vision to Growth profile. You can control the information we collect about you by limiting what information you provide in your Vision to Growth profile.
- Limiting information available through social media platforms. If you want to limit or stop receipt of information from third-party social media platforms, you can change your privacy settings on those other websites. You also may choose not to use social features we make available.
- Access, update, or delete your information. To access, update, or delete Personal Information we maintain about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you may have the ability to access, update, or delete certain information, including information in your profile through the account settings offered by our Third Party Providers. Subject to the terms of your agreement with us, you may also terminate your account by emailing us at the address given above. Please note that we may keep certain Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. We may also keep cached archived copies of Personal Information for a certain period of time.
Our Service is not intended for children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under the age of 13 has given us Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
Vision to Growth uses generally accepted administrative, physical, and technical safeguards we believe are appropriate to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your Personal Information. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet and storing information electronically. Vision to Growth cannot and does not guarantee absolute security.